Front-End Web Developer Position Available in Seattle, WA
We offer a great, friendly culture of 36 makers and doers, and deeply value our people -our team is comprised of the best of the best online marketing professionals, graphic designers, web developers, producers and support staff. For well over a decade, we've thrived on collaboration, customer delight, and innovative thinking.
We're quirky, clever, and ambitious...we do great work, and have the heavy metal to prove it: 102 international awards (and counting)!
We live by the mantra "Good Enough Sucks" and seek out client and projects we believe in, and then do whatever it takes to make them succeed. And we are looking for a bright, forward-thinking mind who understands how to follow and refine processes and wants to grow into a key agency position.
Who You Are
- In your portfolio, you have a few projects you were the primary developer on that you're proud of. Bonus points if these are full scale production sites on a CMS platform.
- You understand the concepts of information architecture and have experience optimizing data structures for high performance, maintainability and ease of presentation.
- You've got a knack for problem solving, and get excited about new front end technologies.
- You've spent time in an agency and feel comfortable communicating technical concepts to audiences of any technical aptitude.
- You can manage changing requirements in a fast-paced environment, you know when to stop and ask questions and you know how to organize and manage your time effectively.
- You're not afraid of SEO, and know your way around an ecommerce build.
Who We Are
- We are close-knit team of digital marketing professionals (designers, web developers, application developers, copywriters & strategists), focused on building top-tier web solutions for clients in a variety of industries.
- We actively pursue new learning for personal and professional development to challenge the status quo in the industry.
- We work in tandem with experienced visual designers and application developers to build sites with ambitious layouts and unique functionality.
- We make good use of our office's variety of coffee options, assortment of bean bag chairs, and break-out offices to focus and get things done.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Construct responsive websites on our CMS platform and built to work for all common web interfaces (cross-browser and cross-platform).
- Take ownership of client projects for future maintainability and bug resolution.
- Test and analyze usability and performance of your work as well as engage in peer review of other team members' builds.
- Contribute to ticket resolution through our support system.
- Experience developing full scale, responsive websites -including eCommerce sites (Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS.
- Good understanding of pre-processing platforms, such as SCSS/SASS, for writing DRY, reusable styles & components.
- Experience using package managers and task runners like NPM, Yarn, and/or Gulp.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Basic understanding PHP & MySQL.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that website will adhere to them.
- Problem solving skills and the tenacity to resolve difficult tasks.
- Ability to navigate several areas of focus, learn quickly, and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Understanding of modular JS bundling and dependency management (i.e. webpack).
- Experience with modern layout methods like Flexbox or familiarity with Bootstrap 4.
- Experience or understanding of Vue.
- Experience or understanding of Laravel.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop).
- Previous client-facing experience.
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility and WCAG compliance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER as the subject. Include any items that showcase your prior experience, including links to your GitHub account and/or projects on which you were the primary front-end developer.