efelle creative to No Longer Support Internet Explorer
Effective This Month, Seattle Web Design / efelle creative Will End Support for Internet Explorer
In order to provide the best support we can, ensure our websites stay up to date on the latest web technologies, and improve on security effective this month we are ending support for Internet Explorer.
At efelle, we are committed to providing the best customer service and support possible, and in order to do so we, along with many others, have made the decision to stop supporting Internet Explorer.
Our Development team has a number of reasons for doing so including the following:
- Dropping IE11 will reduce compiled file sizes by 30%, resulting in increased page speed optimization, which is best for user experience, as well as search engine results.
- Building & testing for IE11 is time-consuming and inefficient due to bugs with modern code process & lack of developer tools for troubleshooting. By departing from this method, we’ll be able to dedicate more time to testing on other browsers.
- IE11 fails to support our evolving technology stack and there are a number of other browsers that do including Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.
We’ve made this decision among many other notable companies:
- Mainstream support for Windows 10, and by extension IE11, ended October 2020.
- Microsoft 365 will be dropping IE11 support in August 2021.
- Many commonly used sites, apps, and services have already dropped compatibility with IE11, with more planning to phase it out this year, including the following: Yahoo, YouTube, Github, Stacked overflow, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Zendesk, Klaviyo, Mail Chimp, elfsight, Fast.co checkout, Yotpo, Smile.io, and many more.
We’ve made this decision with our clients' best interests in mind and we’re looking forward to continuing to serve them. You can learn more about our supported browsers and OS here.